Sunday, July 1, 2012

Up two, down two!

Been a busy summer so far at the Heimannian household.  Grady did tball and loved it...he just asked me again this morning if it was a tball day.  :)  Grady was on a team of 4-6 year olds...and man there is a difference between a 4 year old playing and a 6 year old.  He had a great time and did really well at it.  I'm sure he'll be back at it next summer.

Swimming lessons start in a couple of weeks...Grady will do them, but since you have to be 3 in Dike, Miss Kingsley won't.  This will be Grady's second year and he's already excited to do the slide and the boards again. 

Josh and I are doing well!  He is on shut down this week, so has a much needed week off.  I have been enjoying the heck out of summer...sleeping until 8, hanging out in the mornings, often going to the pool in the afternoon.  Getting some running in too...I'm doing the Watermelon Day 5k and the Park to Park 10k, so NEED to keep after it.  :)  My only complaint is the HEAT.  I don't know when to go.  This morning Anj and I ran at 8 and it was already sooooo warm and humid.  Gotta love summer in Iowa!  (Actually, I really do!)  :)

To the title of the post...we are UP two kitties!  We adopted one all black and one black and white kitten a couple of weeks ago.  They are sweet and playful and super with the kids, so we are all enjoying them.  :)  Grady named them both...the black one is Max and the black and white is Patches.  I went back and forth and back and forth on adopting kittens but it was a great decision.  They are a good fit for our family.  :)

And we're DOWN 2 body parts...well, to be specific, Grady is.  He had his tonsils and adenoids out on Friday.  I'm hoping that this makes his life a little easier!!  He is always snuffly...his doc said that his tonsils, uninfected, were almost touching.  His adenoids were also huge.  If he GOT an infection, that boy simply wouldn't be breathing. :(  They are out, Friday was a looonnng day at the hospital, but he's doing fairly well here.  Lots of Popsicles and ice cream and movies and Wii and Playstation.  :)  It's actually been kind of nice family bonding time. 

I know I'm terrible about posting pictures...I will do that sometime soon.  Pinky promise.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment