Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Update from Valentine's day....we had SUCH a good day! Grady had his preschool party in the morning,where he exchanged Valentines and apparently ate WAYYYY too many treats as he came home with a tummy ache and ate no lunch for me. :) However, he recovered enough by after lunch time to help me make treats (corn flake jumbles), and he and Kingsley both colored construction paper to be made into Valentines. We were going to deliver the treats and Valentines to both sets of Grandparents, but no need! Both showed up for treats for us! After that came dinner, and I think I found my family Valentine tradition. I made a homemade heart shaped pizza (MAMA! It's a HEART!"), and each person had valentine envelopes to open up as well as a small gift. Josh gave me travel coffee mugs. I gave him his Jonesred flag. (Hanging prominently in the garage.) The kids got their gifts. Both loved. :) My favorite part though, was after dinner when Josh and I were cleaning up. He told me that it was the best Valentine's day yet. LOVE that. No expensive romantic dinners. No overpriced flowers that will die the next day. No skeevy massage oil. (Was it just me, or was KY Yours and Mine EVERYWHERE?!) A heart shaped pizza and our little family hanging out on a Tuesday night. Perfection. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment