Wednesday, December 28, 2011

After the holiday update.

Well, I didn't get a kitten for Christmas. (But we still have Josh's family to celebrate with, so it could still happen....?) I DID however, get an awesome cat print apron! So I guess that kind of counts. (And no litter box to empty, a win-win.) Christmas thus far (again, we have another Fri) has been awesome. The kids did a great job taking turns opening presents and have gotten some really fun, thoughtful gifts. Their favorites seem to be Noah's Ark and a doctor kit (both Kingsley) and Superhero stuff for Grady...Batman and Superman action figures, a Superman pillow, and two super hero shirts. (He's really into the Superheros, if you couldn't tell.) He also got a backpack to take his things I got Josh a remote start for his truck and he got me a necklace. (Which he said that I could return if I wanted, haha. I really want a leather jacket, so if I find one, that might have to happen!)

Today we had TWO play dates! Could we BE more popular? This morning we had friends to our house. Maybe not the best idea as Josh was fixing the upstairs toilet and we sprung a little leak in the dining room. It happens. Nothing like yelling at kids, "No! Don't stick that baby in the pot! It has toilet water in it!" :) It was fun though.

This afternoon was another play date, which we were late to due to an emergency Blaines then Menards run. Again, it happens. :) But sooooo fun to catch up with a friend from high school that I haven't seen in years! She and her three little ones are beeeuuuttiiiful and it was fun to see them after a lot of Facebook and blog following. And she is my hair bow hookup (and makes the cutest little girl bows) so I literally made her crack open her purse for some I could buy off her! :) (They may have been her little girls....sorry, Tori.) :)

Right now Josh and I are hanging out, watching TV. (He has the week off work.) We found a show on Netflix called "Till Death" and if you have Netflix, I highly recommend you check it out. It compares a newly married couple to their neighbors, who have been married 20 years. Josh and I are going on eight, but boy do some of those fights sound familiar!!! :)

I'm sure I won't be on here again till January, so Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment