Saturday, December 3, 2011

Whew!

What a weekend! I realize it's only Saturday night, but I'm afraid if I don't make a blog entry today I won't have the energy tomorrow. :) Here's what we've been up to...

Josh and I had a date night Friday night. We went to see the UNI Varsity Men's Glee Club Concert. Soooo nice. I have fond memories of going when I was in high school and my brother was in it. I didn't think it was as good last night....maybe because my brother has long since graduated. Maybe because the long term director Bob Burns is no longer there. Anyway, it was still good and I had 8 past and present students in the show, so it was fun to pick them out and watch them. :) Anyway, it still was nice to dress up and sit in the dark next to my husband and enjoy some fun and Christmas music. Gets you all feeling festive, you know? :)

Today was also busy. Saturday mornings are always a blur of getting up, getting the kids a bath, and making breakfast (you know, as opposed to opening a breakfast, toasting a breakfast, pouring milk on their breakfast....you get the idea.). This morning I did cheesy eggs, sliced bananas, and toast. In case you are wondering. No, nothing fancy. But different. Anyway. After breakfast I ran into town, picked up some more Christmas presents, and came back home just in time to make lunch. (Here is where I use the make loosely. I just warmed up some pizza pasta I made last night.) :) A workout during nap/rest time, and then the four of us headed in to a UNI football playoff game. SO FUN! It was Grady and Kingsley's first UNI game, and they did so good! They loved it! I wish I had a picture of all of us in our gear... I still did not get to fulfill my life long dream of getting on the Jumbotron. Someday. Sigh. :)

One other thing I've been up to...I'm beginning to meal plan by week. I know, lots of people have been doing this for a long time. Not me. I go to the grocery store, buy a million things, and then come home with 2-3 meals planned out and then just go from there. Yep. I make a lot of runs back to the store when I'm in town or to Kwik Star. (My little sweet town does not have it's own grocery store.) This is a different, refreshing approach....I know what we're going to have each night and I know I have the stuff to make it. However, I am lacking on the other stuff...lunch stuff. Snack stuff. People that meal plan/grocery shop like this....do you have every meal planned out? How do you account for the other food needed? Any tips that you have for me would be greatly appreciated! :)

Have a fabulous weekend, y'all.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't find you! I looked and looked. But it was rather different than normal since it was an NCAA game and not regular season. NCAA means different rules and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete