Saturday, December 17, 2011

And I'm down a body part.

Just a quick note to update you on yesterday's surgery. Other theme of the post...guys are JERKS!! The surgery was at 9:30. I was of course nervous about it but it went fine. I remember going into the OR and the anesthesiologist telling me that I would soon be "feeling groovy." :) I remember thinking to myself that I didn't know what that even meant. As it turned out, I was not up to partying with that guy because I passed out about 3 seconds later. (They later told me that I was out from the relaxant, not the anesthetic, haha.)

I got back to the room around 11, and don't remember much from before that. Things went well, but I was nauseous from the pain meds (and nothing in the tummy to balance them out) and the blood running down the back of my throat. Yuck. So I'm pretty out of it and doing my best not to barf cause i know that would kill my throat. Also, I'm not really able to talk. This is when we get to point two of my post....guys are jerks. Josh is normally very considerate.....let me just say that yesterday was a bad day for an off day. Josh waits until I laid down and then says he's taking off to get some lunch. Ummmm....ok. I simply assumed it would be somewhere in the hospital...he's gone for over an hour (ran some errands, and no, he wasn't getting me flowers) then proceeded to bring lunch back in with him. That's fine...except it was a sub and a bag of chips. Gaaaaaawd. I asked him not to eat the chips, at least not 4 inches from my head, and he told me to "Just relax." Every time I lift my head, my heart races and I have the puke thing again, so I'm back to focusing on not puking after that...........as he eats his chips, watches videos on youtube and snorts with laughter every minute or two. I block it out. the next thing i know, my whole bed is shaking every time he laughs.

He has his #$&( feet up! At that point, I tell him to get his feet down and that he's welcome to leave. He tells me that i need to sit up and start eating or we're never gonna get out of there. it was like 2! They said we wouldn't leave until 5 or 6 AT BEST. He later told me i shouldn't even BE sleeping (I think because that meant i wouldn't be able to sleep at night?). The afternoon was filled with comments like that. (And comments about how the chair wasn't comfortable and how he was getting sore from sitting there...that took me back to when I had our kids and "all the standing around was making his legs so TIRED!!! Lol...it's funny now, not so much then.)

The night got worse before it got better, but I won't subject you to that part. All's well that end's well...I got discharged around 7:30 and then we went to the pharmacy and got home around 8 or so. I was out again. Just woke up this morning at 5:45 and am feeling MUCH better. :) And ready for visits and sherbert. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment