Friday, December 30, 2011

New year, new me!

If you know me, you know how technologically UN-savvy I am. (I dread getting a new cell phone because it means I have to relearn how to work the darn thing.) I am what I believe they call a late adapter. I come around to new gadgets, it just takes me awhile. This Christmas I am launching into a new era for myself via the help of my lovely family. I received a Kindle (not the fire, again, think basic), a i pod (shuffle, as few buttons to work as possible), and the family got a Wii!! So. Fun! And you know what? I worked with the Kindle for awhile tonight...it wasn't so bad! I bought a book from Amazon (for 2.99. If you know me, you also know I'm a big ol' cheapo) and checked one out from my local library. New toys are nice!

And the Christmas season is over, which is always a little sad. The tree is out in the yard, the decor is down, the goodies are getting eaten up. However, there's always the fun of starting fresh in the new year, coming up with resolutions (finally run that 10k?) and creating a whole new set of memories. I love holidays with the kids, and I don't just mean Christmas. Soon it will be Valentine's day. Then we'll be doing Easter egg hunts. Going to Fireworks for the fourth. Eating watermelon at the school. Not to mention a few birthdays and an anniversary in there. :) So much to look forward to.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment