Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Yesterday I decided to get into the Halloween spirit a bit and make some mummy cupcakes with Grady. I actually made the cupcakes while he was resting and left them bare for him to decorate. I decided to be sneaky and give them a healthy makeover. I have made muffins before with a spiced cake mix and canned pumpkin or pie filling instead of the eggs and oil that it calls for. This time, I had a couple of over-ripe bananas on the counter that I decided to use instead. I simply beat the cake mix and bananas together until thick and smooth. I put them into 12 cupcake liners and baked for around 18 minutes total at 350. They came out sweet and dense and the tops just slightly crunchy. Yum! Then I let Grady decorate with white frosting (since it was a mummy, we just needed a few stripes!) and two M&M's for the eyes. Absolutely delish! He loved them. I did too. I had three....oops. :)
Grady is really excited about Halloween. It's so fun that he remembers and understands things now. He was talking about going trick or treating the other day and is really looking forward to it. He will be Spiderman, and Kingsley is going as a Purple Monster. Pictures to follow. :)

1 comment:

  1. You can always replace oil in recipes with applesauce. 1/2 cup oil=1/2cup applesauce. Light, fluffy and WAY better for you. Just a tip!

    ReplyDelete