Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My baby boy is growing up!


My baby boy is growing up! I posted this on my Facebook status today but wanted to share the story here, too.

I was calling to schedule a doctor's appointment this morning. The receptionist said, "Who is it for" and I said, "Grady Heimann." Grady whipped around from watching TV and said, "Mom! I didn't do anything!!" Someone is used to getting the last name when he is in trouble! Even the receptionist was cracking up.


Seriously, though! Where did my baby go? He's been replaced by this smart, endearing, silly little boy. Yesterday, Kingsley, Grady and I were playing duplos (large Legos) after I got home from work. (Love having a job that lets me come home early enough in the afternoon to play blocks with my kids!) He....yes, GRADY...realized that she liked pulling apart stacks of the duplos so he started building stacks and handing them to her. Then he realized that if he clicked them all the way together, she couldn't always get them apart. So he started building stacks "looser" and handing her those. I don't know who was enjoying her pulling them apart more, him or her! It was sooooo sweet. I got up, got dinner in the oven (chicken breasts stuffed with chive and onion cream cheese then tied with a piece of bacon and squash if you are interested, and it was delish AND still somehow weight watchers friendly!), and came back and they were STILL at it. Prec! Love those sweet moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment