Sunday, January 8, 2012

Back to work tomorrow. The ending of breaks is always bittersweet for me. I love my job, students and coworkers. I also love my kids. Luckily, I have an awesome job that allows me to split my time between the two! Teaching 3 days a week and getting to be home with the kiddos the other two = priceless. Plus, the kids get to hang with daddy one day a week and their beloved MeeMaw the other two. How many people are so lucky???

The break felt short but in retrospect, we did a lot. Started out with tonsil surgery. Then we threw a going away party for our friends moving to Florida. Right after that was Christmas, and we celebrated at my parents, then our house, then Waverly, and finally the Heimanns. We watched a lot of football, played a lot of games, watched some good TV, had play dates, went to a comedian, had friends over for dinner several times, rang in the new year...I even read about 6 books for pleasure. It was busy yet refreshing and I'm ready to begin the next 16 weeks. Between prepping my online class and teaching a "new" one (theory, which I've taught once before, but I switched the text), I will be plenty busy. I also want to plan and do a bunch of fun things with the kids and begin my 10k training. (This ankle is still swollen and painful, so I guess I'll just kick it in on the elliptical? Not sure how to increase from my regular workouts....?) Love having a bunch of projects going! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment