Thursday, January 12, 2012

HAH! So life was fabulous at 1:00 Tuesday, or whenever I wrote that. Speed ahead about 12 hours, not so much. Grady had the stomach flu Friday night. Kingsley had it Monday. Guess whose turn next? BOTH mama and daddy. I was in bed Tuesday night around 12:30, feeling decent (not awesome) but not able to sleep when I heard Josh come home. He was supposed to have jury duty on Wednesday morning, so I thought maybe he just came home to get some sleep before having to go in for the day. No such luck. I went into the kitchen and heard him in the bathroom, well, barfing. I grabbed a cold cloth and a glass of water and took it in. (I'm such a good wife, it smelled bad in there!) :) He just looked at me and said, "You know you're next." It was in the saddest voice possible. Kinda sweet that he was concerned about me at that point. My stomach sank because I knew he was right. Or maybe that was it's way of warning me too. Indeed, I was next, and it happened much sooner rather than later. I'll spare you the details, but know that over the next 8 or so hours, I lost 4.5 pounds. Best/worst weight loss plan ever.

However, that's not what I got on to blog about tonight. I actually got on to write about my dr. appointment today. I went back to the Breast Care Center for another biopsy of the lump in my left breast. (Let me back up if you did not know this information. I have a lump in my left breast. My ob-gyn found it at my visit this past June. She had me go to a radiologist, who ruled it "not nothing" and sent me on to Dr. Duvan in Waterloo. He did an exam, ultrasound, and biopsy in June. He was wary of the look of the lump. The biopsy was ruled "inconclusive," better than "cancerous" but still awfully scary. I had to go back three months later for another ultrasound, they decided they would watch it. Today was another three months out, and I was to have a biopsy. There, you're up to speed.) I went in to my appointment and the doc did the manual exam first, then proceeded to the ultrasound. He said, and I quote, "Well, there's nothing I can do for you, ma'am." I took this to be good, but...you never know. I just looked at him, waiting. He said the lump was gone. Nothing there. Nada. I asked if this was common, and he said yes, when things are benign, they shift and move and disappear altogether. He told me to get out and never come back. :) Well, mostly. He did tell me that, but he also followed it up with saying that since I've had this lump now in my 20's, my stats for other, scary things later on go up, and I need to keep doing self exams and get my toucas in if I feel anything immediately. (This doesn't reassure me as I never felt this one in the first place, but we'll pretend I'm competent for the purposes of this post.)

Hmmm this feels a little Debbie Downer all of a sudden. Let's end this back on the high note. The lump is gone. No more Breast Care Center. No more biopsies. Whoop, whoop! Thanks to all that prayed/sent good thoughts/texts/calls, etc. I really truly believed it made a difference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment